1. Remember that violations of functioning of system of a charge are far not necessarily connected with failures of the generator. First of all always you make the following elementary checks:
a) Check a condition of wires of the battery in places of their connection them to polar plugs of the last. Check reliability of fastening of terminal clips;
b) Check a condition of the battery (see the Section Check of a State and Replacement of the Battery). In case of need make recharge of the last, or replace it new;
c) Check a condition of an electrical wiring and electric connections of the generator and regulator of tension;
d) Check a state and effort of a tension of a driving belt of the generator (see the Head Nastroyki and routine maintenance). In case of need make replacement;
e) Check reliability of tightening of bolts of fastening of the generator;
f) Start the engine and estimate intensity of the noise background published by the generator;
g) At the corresponding complete set, check a condition of fusible inserts in the assembly block in a motive compartment of the car (see the Head Onboard electric equipment). If any of inserts failed, make investigation and elimination of the reasons of an overload;
h) Check serviceability of functioning of a control lamp of a charge in an instrument guard of the engine. At the included ignition and the idle engine the lamp has to burn. Otherwise check a condition of a chain on the site between the generator and a control lamp;
i) Check a condition of all safety locks which are consistently included in a chain of system of a charge. Location of safety locks and fusible inserts can vary depending on year of release and a complete set of model, however, designations remain identical. See schemes of electric connections at the end of the Head Onboard electric equipment.
2. By means of the voltmeter measure tension given by the battery to the nazadny party of the generator at the killed engine and the disconnected consumers of the electric power (the heater fan, the radio receiver, the lighter, the cooling system fan, etc., etc.). The result of measurement has to make about 12 V, or is slightly higher if the engine worked within the last hour.
3. Start the engine and repeat check of output tension of the battery. This time the indication has to make about 15 V (but not above).
4. Include head headlights, - tension has to fall slightly, but is not lower than the value recorded during the measurement described in paragraph 2.
5. If tension of a charge exceeds 15 V, therefore, the failure of the regulator of tension takes place and the generator is subject to replacement (see the Section Removal and installation of the generator).
6. At excessively low voltage of a charge (less than 12 V) it is necessary to check serviceability of functioning of the generator (see further).
7. By means of the voltmeter probe the In + plug from the back party of the socket of the generator. The required indication makes 12 V at the switched-off ignition.
8. Include ignition (the engine do not start) and serially probe each of plugs. On the S plug tension in 12 V, on the L plug - (1.5 ÷ 2.0) In, on the In + plug - has to take 12 Century place.
9. Start the engine, lift its turns till 2000 a minute and repeat check. This time the following picture has to take place: "S" and "In +" - (14.0 ÷ 14.7) In, "L" - (13.0 ÷ 14.0) Century.
Watch that a measuring electrical wiring, hair and details of clothes did not get to contact with moving elements in a motive compartment of the car!
10. At negative results of the checks described above estimate a condition of an electrical wiring of the corresponding chain. If defects of a plait take place, replace the generator.
11. In the presence of suspicions on development of currents of the leaks conducting to the category of the battery address material of the Section Check of a State and Replacement of the Battery.
12. At identification of the signs confirming existence of current of leak begin to take carefully one by one safety locks of the main onboard consumers of the electric power, such as radio receiver, heater fan, illumination of the luggage compartment, etc. Continue to take safety locks until the lamp sampler goes out, then check a condition of a chain of the corresponding consumer and make necessary recovery repair. Repeat check of a condition of system of a charge.
13. If extraction of safety locks does not yield any results, disconnect an output wire and an other electrical wiring from a back wall of the generator, - shutdown of a lamp sampler will demonstrate failure of the generator or regulator of tension, - replace assembly.