Nissan Maxima QX
+ Cars of the Nissan Maxima brand
+ Maintenance instruction
+ Settings and routine maintenance
+ SOHC engines
- DOHC engines
Preparatory actions and the list of repair procedures which can be executed without extraction of the engine from the car
Reduction of the piston of the first cylinder in the provision of the top dead point (TDP)
Removal and installation of covers of heads of cylinders
Check and adjustment of gaps of valves
Replacement of maslootrazhatelny caps and valvate springs with plates
Removal, check of a state and installation of a chain and asterisks of the GRM drive
Removal and installation of camshafts and pushers of valves
Removal and installation of the inlet pipeline
Removal and installation of final collectors
Removal and installation of heads of cylinders
Removal and installation of a pulley of a bent shaft
Replacement of a forward epiploon of a bent shaft
Removal and installation of the pallet of a case of the engine
Removal, check of a state and installation of the oil pump
Removal and installation of a flywheel / driving disk
Replacement of a back epiploon of a bent shaft
Check of a state and replacement of support of a suspension bracket of the power unit
+ General capital repairs of the engine
+ Cooling systems, heating
+ Power supply system and release
+ Engine electric equipment
+ Control systems of the engine
+ Coupling and power shafts
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
Removal, check of a state and installation of a chain and asterisks of the GRM drive
Scheme of the GRM drive of DOHC engines
1 — the Back cover of the GRM drive
2 — Natyazhitel
forward (left) secondary chain
3 — Top
4 — the Back (right) secondary chain
5 — Natyazhitel of a back (right) secondary chain
6 — Natyazhitel of the main chain
7 — the Guide of the sagging site of a chain
8 — the Main gas-distributing chain
9 — the Asterisk of a bent shaft
10 — the Lower guide of the main chain
11 — the Top guide of the main chain
12 — the Forward cover of the GRM drive
13 — the Oil pump
14 — the Pulley of a bent shaft
15 — the Cover of the water pump
16 — the Cover of access to a natyazhitel of a chain
17 — Asterisks of a secondary chain of final camshafts
18 — Asterisks of a secondary chain of inlet camshafts
19 — Asterisks of the main chain of inlet camshafts
20 — the Oil filter
21 — the Water pump
22 — Sealing rings
23 — a water discharge Stopper
24 — the Stopper
25 — sealing rings
26 — the Sealing ring
27 — Sealing laying
28 — Consolidation
29 — the Forward epiploon of a bent shaft
Before starting implementation of the procedure, wait for full cooling of the engine.
1. Disconnect a negative wire from the battery.
If the stereosystem established on the car is equipped with a security code before disconnecting the battery make sure that you have the correct combination for input of the audio system in action!
2. Prop up back wheels of the car antiretractable boots. Cock the parking brake.
3. Weaken nuts of fastening of the right forward wheel, then a front of the car and establish to a poddomkratta it on props. Remove a wheel.
4. Remove protection of a case and a loker of protection of an arch of the right forward wheel.
5. Dump pressure in a power supply system (see the Head of the Power supply system and release). Empty the cooling system (see the Head Nastroyki and routine maintenance).
6. Remove the top section of the inlet pipeline (the delivery camera) (see the Section Removal and installation of the inlet pipeline) and covers of heads of cylinders (see the Section Removal and installation of covers of heads of cylinders).
7. Turn out spark plugs (see the Head Nastroyki and routine maintenance). Bring the piston of the first cylinder into the provision of VMT of the end of a step of compression (see the Section Reduction of the Piston of the First Cylinder in the provision of the top dead point (TDP)).
8. Take off driving belts (see the Head Nastroyki and routine maintenance) and an arm of an intermediate roller.
9. Remove the steering pump with an arm (see the Head Podvesk and steering).
10. Remove the air conditioner compressor (see the Head of the Cooling system, heating).
11. Remove a pulley of a bent shaft (see the Section Removal and installation of a pulley of a bent shaft).
Do not allow a provorachivaniye of a bent shaft in the course of removal of a pulley, - the engine has to remain in the provision of VMT of the piston of the first cylinder.
12. Disconnect an electrical wiring from the oxygen sensor, then separate a reception pipe of system of production of the fulfilled gases from final collectors and the catalytic converter (see the Head of the Power supply system and release).
13. Hang out the power unit from above on the winch or a beam.
Take care of reliability of fastening of the unit!
14. Turn out through bolts of lobbies and back support of a suspension bracket of the power unit and remove a cross beam from the car assembled with the support fixed on it (see the Section Check of a State and Replacement of Support of a Suspension Bracket of the Power Unit).
15. Remove an arm of the K/V compressor both the top and lower sections of the pallet of a case (see the Section Removal and installation of the pallet of a case of the engine).
16. At the top remove the right support of a suspension bracket of the unit (see the Section Check of a State and Replacement of Support of a Suspension Bracket of the Power Unit).
17. Remove from a chain cover the sensor of position of the camshaft (see the Head of the Control system of the engine).
18. Release an electrical wiring plait from arms on the top cover of a gas-distributing chain. Working as it should be the return shown on an illustration, turn out bolts of fastening of a forward cover. Pay attention that for fastening of a cover bolts of various standard sizes which at assembly have to be established strictly on the former places are used, - in case of need make the corresponding marking.
19. On the considered engines (DOHC, 3.0 l) the required gas distribution is provided by means of three chains. The main chain is put on asterisks of a bent shaft, the water pump and two inlet camshafts and serves for reduction of functioning of the valvate mechanism in phase compliance with rotation of a bent shaft and the movement of piston groups. Two secondary gas-distributing chains are put on separate asterisks of inlet camshafts and an asterisk of final shaft and serve for synchronization of the drive of inlet and final valves. Remove a forward cover of a gas-distributing chain and once again make sure that the piston of the first cylinder is in the provision of VMT of the end of a step of compression on correctness of an arrangement of adjusting tags on asterisks distributive and cranked shaft of rather color links of a chain.
20. For weakening of a tension of the main gas-distributing chain remove it a natyazhitel, and also his lever / guide of a chain.
21. Turn out bolts of fastening of the top guides of a chain and bolts of asterisks of the main chain of inlet camshafts.
22. Remove asterisks of the main chain from pins of inlet camshafts.
At installation of an asterisk have to be put on the former shaft, - put the corresponding marking.
23. Wring out natyazhitel of secondary chains and block them by introduction of lock pins to specially provided openings.
24. Turn out bolts of fastening of asterisks of secondary chains of final camshafts. Make sure of correctness of combination of adjusting tags, then remove both secondary chains with asterisks.
Asterisks of secondary chains of inlet and final camshafts differ from each other on thickness and at assembly have to be established strictly on the former places, - put the corresponding marking.
25. Remove an asterisk of a bent shaft and the lower guide of the main chain.
Examine asterisks of camshafts, the water pump and a bent shaft on existence of signs of wear of teeths and shponochny grooves, chains - on existence of cracks and signs of wear of rollers. Estimate a condition of working surfaces of the directing chains.
For ensuring access to bolts of fastening of the directing secondary chain the neck of the corresponding camshaft [a cover of the corresponding bearings of camshafts] has to be taken from the head for the purpose of ensuring access to fixing bolts.
1. Establish into place an asterisk of a bent shaft and the lower guide of the main chain (a tag up).
2. Make sure of compliance of a standard size of the prepared new chains to requirements of the engine of your car, - compare them to old. Make sure of compliance of an arrangement of color links.
3. If natyazhitel of secondary chains were removed, establish them on the places, having tracked correctness of fixing of springs. Put on pins of camshafts of assembly of secondary chains with asterisks, - will track adjusting meta correctness of combination. Tighten bolts of fastening of asterisks of final shaft with the required effort.
4. Take lock pins from assemblies of natyazhitel of secondary chains.
5. Having arranged the correct image color links concerning tags on asterisks, prepare the main gas-distributing chain for installation.
6. Having thrown with a chain asterisks of a bent shaft and the water pump, install it assembled with the remained asterisks on the engine. Track correctness of combination of a light link of a chain with a tag on an asterisk of a bent shaft.
7. Establish the top guides of the main chain.
8. Install the lever of a natyazhitel of the main chain / sending to a chain. Make sure that the piston of the first cylinder still is in the provision of VMT of the end of a step of compression, and color links of a chain are not brought down concerning tags on asterisks.
9. Remove all traces of old sealant from a forward cover of the GRM drive and bolts of its fastening.
10. Impose fresh RTV sealant on a cover. Install a cover on the engine, screw fixing bolts on the former places. Moving in strictly certain order, tighten fixture with the required effort.
11. Further installation is made as it should be the return to an order of dismantle of components.