1. Regular and rather frequent performance of replacement of motive oil is one of the main procedures of preventive maintenance of the car lying within qualification of the average amateur mechanic. Eventually motive oil is subject to aging that is shown in its gradual fluidifying and pollution leading to premature wear of internal components of the engine.
2. In spite of the fact that separate sources recommend to make replacement of an oil filter only at every second change of motive oil, authors of the present manual consider that in view of relative insignificance of cost of a replaceable component and importance of influence of its state on serviceability of functioning of the engine and efficiency of its return, makes sense to change the filter every time when replacing oil.
3. Make sure available near at hand all materials and tools necessary for performance of replacement of oil and an oil filter. Prepare also enough rags and old newspapers for collecting traces of the spilled oil.
4. For the purpose of providing free access to the pallet of a case and to an oil filter lift the car the winch, tire out on a platform, or and establish to a poddomkratta on props.
Do not perform any works under the car which is propped up only under a bumper or the lifted situation withheld in only as a jack at all!
5. Get under the car and get acquainted with an arrangement of a drain stopper of the pallet of a case and an oil filter. Remember that the power unit and components of system of production of the fulfilled gases during the whole time of implementation of the procedure will remain rather hot, - think over the scheme of safe manipulations with hands to avoid casual contact with the warmed surfaces.
6. Make sure of horizontal position of an arrangement of the car on props/elevator. Warm up the engine up to the normal working temperature, - hot oil has bigger fluidity and better washes away slime and rainfall. Use the compelled idle time to spread out all necessary tools and materials in a convenient order. Kill the engine and uncover a jellied mouth of motive oil.
7. Make sure of reliability of fixing of the car in the lifted situation.
8. Being careful, get under the car and establish drain capacity under the boat pallet, in view of the fact that at the first moment the stream will follow through an opening with a decent pressure.
9. Trying not to touch the warmed surfaces of the power unit and components of system of production of the fulfilled gases, turn out a drain stopper from the lower part of the pallet of a case. Depending on oil temperature, at a final stage of a reversing of a stopper it is possible to use rubber gloves, or to refuse them.
10. Allow oil to flow down freely in capacity, as appropriate correcting position of the last in process of weakening of a pressure of a stream. Check the merged oil for presence at it of metal sawdust.
11. After oil stops following from an engine case, wipe a drain stopper with pure rags, - to it can podlipnut small metal sawdust which will immediately lead to pollution of fresh oil.
12. Wipe the surface of the pallet around a drain opening, screw a stopper into place and strongly tighten it a wrench (whenever possible - dynamometer).
13. Move drain capacity under an oil filter.
14. By means of one of types of special keys weaken the filter. In the course of a reversing the case of the filter can be damaged that has no special value in case of its unambiguous replacement (the old filter for a reversing can just be pierced the big screw-driver, - prepare for collecting the spilled oil).
15. Manually finally turn out the filter from the block, - you remember that in it some amount of oil who should be let out in drain capacity continues to remain. Make sure that rubber sealing laying was removed together with the filter if it is not present, accurately separate it from the surface of the block of the engine.
16. Carefully wipe with pure rags the landing surface of the filter on the block. Once again make sure that old laying did not remain on the engine, in case of need use a scraper.
17. Make sure that the new filter corresponds on the standard size removed from the car.
18. Grease rubber sealing laying of the new filter with a thin layer of pure motive oil.
19. Screw the new filter in the engine, adhering to the direction of rotation specified by an arrow on its case. In order to avoid damage of laying do not apply any keys to tightening of an oil filter. After the filter nestles laying on the surface of the block, hold on it on 3/4 turns.
20. Take all tools and materials from under the car - try not to overturn drain capacity. Lower the car on the earth.
21. Find a jellied mouth of motive oil and uncover with it.
22. Fill in fresh oil in a reception mouth of the engine. For the purpose of minimization of losses use a funnel.
23. Wait several minutes, having allowed oil to flow down in the pallet, then check its level on the measuring probe (see the Section Check of Levels of Liquids). If level is above the lower mark, start the engine, having provided circulation of fresh oil.
24. Having allowed the engine to work within about a minute, again muffle it, and at once glance under the car, checking whether there are no leaks through a drain stopper and the full-line filter. In case of need tighten the component allowing leaks a little.
25. During circulation of oil on the engine (about 1 minute), there is a filling of a new oil filter. Now it is necessary to check again the level of oil and in case of need to add still some of its quantity, having brought level to the top mark in a probe edge (check you make several minutes later after switching off of the engine, - oil has to manage to flow down completely in the case pallet).
26. During the first several trips after change of motive oil try to check its level as often as possible.
27. The fulfilled oil merged from the engine is not subject to the secondary use and has to be handed over on special place of acceptance. Do not merge working off on the earth at all or in the sewerage - pour it in hermetically closed container and at the first opportunity hand over.